Liver is the largest gland of the body, weighing about 4 pounds. It is the only internal organ that will regenerate itself if part of it is damaged.The liver has many functions:
- Secretion of bile which is necessary for fats digestion.
- Storage for nutrients such as iron, vitamin A, B12 and D for future use.
- Fat metabolism. In the synthesis for fatty acids, lipoproteins, cholesterol and phospholipids, oxidation of fat to produce energy.
- As a detoxifier to remove toxic substances.
- Regulating thyroid function by converting thyroxine (T4) hormone into active form, triiodothyronine (T3).
Herbs are edible plants or concentrated food, that are nutrient rich with natural healing qualities. Milk Thistle is a plant with large purple thistle-like flower heads and has been valued for its medicinal properties. Its active ingredient, silymarin is a flavonoid with antioxidant ability. It is used to treat liver disease, promote the flow of bile and as a general tonic for stomach, spleen and gallbladder.
Dandelion contains mainly bioflavoids, biotin, choline, inositol. Dandelion is our blood and liver cleanser. It increases the production of bile. It is used as a diuretic. It has the ability to reduce serum cholesterol and uric acid. It improves functioning of the kidneys, pancreases, spleen and stomach.
- Optimum protection of liver through antioxidant properties and prevention of free radical damage.
- Helps to overcomes fatty liver.
- Helps in the process of liver detoxification and blood detoxification.
- Stimulates the production of new liver cells and prevents formation of damaging leukotrienes.
- Alleviates skin problems such as psoriasis, rashes, acne and pigmentation.
- Useful for abscesses, anemia, boils, cirrhosis of the liver, fluid retention, hepatitis, jaundice and rheumatism.
- Milk thistle extract, dandelion extract.
- Vegetable capsules - 60 capsules
- Adult: Take 2 capsules, twice per day (after meals) Ideally to be taken at night.
- Children: 1/2 the dosage of adult.