L-Methionine is an essential sulfur-containing amino acid. Amino acids play central roles both as building blocks of proteins and as intermediates in metabolism. It is involved in the formation of many substances containing protein as well as providing sulphur; a substance that is required for the production of the body's most abundant natural anti-oxidant, glutathione.
L-methionine influence many functions within the body as one of the building blocks for several critical proteins and hormones, for example, L-Carnitine, adrenaline, choline and melatonine.
L-methionine is also responsible for the reduction of the level of histamine in the blood, which is why it can positively affect the symptoms of allergies. In addition, it is important for the regulation of the acid-base balance and provides sulphur atoms for various chemical processes such as detoxification of heavy metals through the formation of complexes.
- Liver support : It is a lipotropic substance, may help the liver to process fats so that they do not accumulate in and around the liver. In blocking fat storage, L-methionine is also used for weight loss.
- Artery support : It supports arteries by helping to keep them clear of fatty substances especially for arteries that supply the brain and heart.
- Connective tissue support : It is essential for the production of collagen, which is an important component in connective tissue such as skin and cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bones.
- Exercise support : It may support short, intense exercise. It is a precursor for creatine which supplies muscles with short-term chemical energy.
- Nerve/Brain support : It encourages the production of the mood-lifting neurotransmitter serotonin and can improve the ability of those suffering from Parkinson's to move and be active.
- L-methionine 400mg
- Capsules - 60 capsules
- Adult : Take 1 capsule 2 times per day (on empty stomach).
- Children : ½ the dosage of adult.