Melissa officinalis ( Rosmarinic acid) (Lemon Balm)
Medicinal plant have had a great role in providing health and treatment as well as disease prevention in human communities. Medicinal herbs are very rich in secondary metabolites which have profound physiological effects on the function of mammalian tissues in health and disease conditions. Melissa officinalis (lemon balm) is one of these known herbs that has been used since a very long time ago for the treatment of many illnesses like headaches, gastrointestinal diseases, neurological diseases and rheumatoid.
Melissa officinalis (lemon balm) which belongs to the Lamiaceae(mint) family is a known herb that has long been used in traditional medicine to treat many disorders, and several studies have been conducted to identify the plant and its healing properties.
Due to its volatile organic compounds and active constituents such as terpenoids, flavonoids, quercetin, rutin, quercitrin, gallic acid and high antioxidant capacity, the extract of the plant can have a significant role in maintaining health and curing diseases.
Various studies have shown that Melissa officinalis possesses high amount of antioxidant activity through its chemical compounds including high amount of flavonoids, rosmarinic acid, gallic acid, phenolic contents. Many studies confirmed the antioxidative effects of Melissa officinalis; thus, its effect in preventing and treating oxidative stress-related diseases is reliable.
- Lower thyroid function - helps Graves’ disease, hyperthyroidism, tachycardia.
- Promotes calmness and help with anxiety and stress. Improve mood, sedative
- Detox radioactive, example after CT scan, Xray, after long flight.
- Improves digestive, overcomes gastrointestinal disorder (IBS) and act like a health tonic
- Antiviral, antibacterial, pox, cold sores
- Improve cognition - Alzheimer
- Mosquitoes repellent
- Alleviating redness and swelling associated with acne outbreaks.
- For insomnia
- Can lower blood pressure
- Blood thinner
- Lower blood sugar
- Lower cholesterol
Precautions : Consult your doctor if you are taking the following medications:
- glaucoma medications
- thyroid medications
- or you are scheduled for a surgery
- Melissa officinalis 600mg
- Capsules - 50 capsules
- Adult : Take one capsule, 2 to 3 times a day after meals. For patients who experience stomach upset, it is advisable to take alongside food.
- Children : ½ the dosage of adult.