Amino acids are the chemical units or "building blocks" that made up of proteins. Proteins are a necessary part of every living cell in the body. Proteins are chains of amino acids linked together by what are called peptide bonds. Each individual type of protein is composed of a specific group of amino acids in a specific chemical arrangement. It is the particular amino acids present and the way in which they are linked together in sequence that gives the proteins that make up the various tissues their unique functions and characters. L-forms of amino acids are considered to be more compatible with human biochemistry.
L-arginine is used by the body to synthesize L-ornithine which promotes the release of growth hormone.
L-arginine plays an important role in cell division. It retards the growth of tumors and cancer by enhancing immune function. It increases the size and activity of the thymus gland, which manufactures T lymphocytes (T cells), crucial components of the immune system.
L-arginine is important for muscle metabolism. It helps to maintain a proper nitrogen balance by acting as a vehicle for transportation and storage, and aiding in the excretion, of excess nitrogen. It aids in weight loss because it facilitates an increase in muscle mass and a reduction of body fat. It is also involved in a variety of enzymes and hormones.
- Arginine helps improve blood flow in the arteries of the heart. It improves symptoms of clogged arteries, chest pain or angina, and coronary artery disease.
- In the body, the amino acid arginine changes into nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide is a powerful neurotransmitter that helps blood vessels relax and also improves circulation.
- Lowers our blood pressure.
- Since arginine may help arteries relax and improve blood flow, it may also help with erectile dysfunction.
- It promotes the metabolism of excess body fat.
- L-arginine - 400mg
- Capsules - 60 caps
- Take 1 tablet 2 times per day (on empty stomach).
- Children: 1/2 the dosage of adult.