Importance of Eye Health
Many people consider maintaining good physical health as one of their top priorities, but they seem to forget the importance of maintaining good eye health by using electronic devices every day. Our eyesight, being one of the most important senses, as 80% of what we perceive comes through our sense of sight, will subject to stress and injury, and can lose their full potential if not properly taken care of. There are many different types of eye diseases such as:
- Cataracts (clouding of the lens), the leading cause of visionloss
- Diabetic retinopathy (causes damage to blood vessels in the back of the eye), the leading cause ofblindness
- Glaucoma (a group of diseases that damages the opticnerve)
- Age-related macular degeneration (gradual breakdown of light-sensitive tissue in theeye)
Hence, other than leading a healthy lifestyle of exercise and proper nutrition to keep our eyes functioning properly well, consuming a diet rich in antioxidants may help. For example, taking Eyebright Complex.
Eternal Eyebright Complex
Eternal Eyebright Complex is a 6-in-1 herbal compound that is specially formulated for healthy eyes.
- Composed of 50% tannins, a natural astringent that reduces the secretion of mucus, improves the firmness of tissues, relieves irritation andinflammation.
- Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E, rutin, and minerals zinc, selenium and copper, which have eye nourishing properties.
- Has powerful antioxidant properties in protecting the skin against premature aging by reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and tighteningskin.
- Reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles and minimize eyepores.
- Resembles blueberries and contains vitamin C, K, phenolic acids.
- Rich in bioflavonoids especially anthocyanins and polyphenols; antioxidants that protect your eye cells from free radical damage caused by blue light and UV rays.
- Improves visual function, reduce eye dryness and fatigue.
- Bright orange-red berry, rich in antioxidants, vitamin A, B1, B2 and C, carotene, and minerals like magnesium, calcium and iron.
- Supports immune function, vision health, heart, liver, kidney and metabolic function.
- The high content of polysaccharides and proteoglycans along with carotenoids protects the eyes from UV light, free radicals and oxidative stress and promotes healthy skin.
Gingko biloba extract
- Contains high levels of flavonoids; provide protection against oxidative cell damage from harmful free radicals, and also terpenoids; improve blood circulation by dilating blood vessels and reducing the stickiness of platelets.
- Shows promise in the treatment of glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
- A powerful antioxidant in reducing retinal degeneration and improving brain health as well as the colour vision for patients with diabetic retinopathy.
Japanese pagoda tree flower extract
- Contains two potent flavonoids; troxerutin and oxymatrine which exhibit strong antioxidant activity and has repeatedly been shown to support circulatory system health which will benefit the heart and eyes.
- Troxerutin also has vasoprotective properties and is a therapy for hemorrhoids.
- Oxymatrine is known to reduce the swelling associated with unhealthy blood vessels.
- Main active components; lutein and zeaxanthins, which are found concentrated in the macular area of the retina, have anti-inflammatory property, and also act as a natural sunblock by absorbing excess light energy, thus guarding the delicate tissues of the eye from UV and oxidative damage.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin cannot be synthesized by the body and must be consumed in the diet.
- Delays eye presbyopia, prevents and cures pathological changes.
- Improves the density of macular pigment, prevents macular degeneration and AMD (agerelated macular disease).
- Helps in people with diabetic retinopathy.
Benefits of Eyebright Complex
- Mainly indicated for eye health; contains rich sources of antioxidants that can help to protect the eyes from free radicals caused by blue light and UV and provide relief to tiredeyes.
- Also protect the skin against premature aging by reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and tightening the skin.
- Supports the immune and brainfunction.
- Eyebright extract, Bilberry extract, Wolfberry extract, Gingko biloba extract, Japanese pagoda tree flower extract, Marigold extract.
- Vegetable Capsules - 60 caps
- Adult: 2 capsule each time, twice a day after meal.
As ginkgo may increase the tendency of bleeding, please consult your physician/pharmacist, if you are on or intend to start using any other medicines and before you undergo any surgical/dental procedure.
Contraindicated in pregnant women.Insufficient reliable data in breast feeding women.