Bile salts are one of the primary components of bile. Bile is a greenish-yellow fluid made by the liver and stored in our gallbladder.Bile salts help with the digestion of fats in our bodies. They also help us to absorb fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K.
Example of the following vitamin deficiencies
- Vitamin A - night blindness
- Vitamin D - autoimmune disease, depression, joints pains.
- Vitamin E - Labored breathing during exertion or climbing stairs.
- Vitamin K2 - High blood pressure, bursitis, osteoporosis, stones.
What is their function in the body?
In addition to bile salts, bile contains cholesterol, water, bile acids and the pigment bilirubin. Bile and bile salts are made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder between meals. After we eat and there are fats present in our digestive tracts, our hormones send a signal to our gallbladders to release bile.
The bile is released into the first part of our small intestine called the duodenum. This is where most of the digestion happens. The bile helps to process and digest the fats.Another primary function of bile is to remove toxins. Toxins are secreted into the bile and eliminated in feaces. A lack of bile salts can cause a buildup of toxins in our bodies.
Bile deficiency can also cause a problem with the formation of hormones, as all hormones are made from fats.
If the fat-soluble vitamins and fatty acids that you eat can’t be absorbed, they pass into the colon where they can cause complications. People who don’t produce enough bile salts, possibly because they’ve had their gallbladders removed, gallbladder polys, gallstone, can experience.
- Diarrhea, trapped gas, bad-smelling gas, stomach cramps, erratic bowel movements, weight loss and pale-colored stools.
- Bloating, belching, constipation.
- Right abdominal pain radiating up to right scapula (shoulder blade)
- Aids in bloating & belching.
- Aids in digestion of fats.
- Helps reduce cholesterol.
- Helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins
- Modulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Has potent antimicrobial activity.
- Eliminates waste products.
- Hormone production.
- Aids in constipation.
- Overcomes fatty liver
People with :
- Hyperthyroid / Graves disease
- Small intestinal disease / Bariatric surgery. Malabsorption
- Stomach too alkaline
- Bile Salt 400mg
- Capsules - 60 caps
- Adult : Take 1 capsule 1-3 times per day (before meals)
- Children : ½ the dosage of adult.