There are about 10,000 million bacteria living in our oral region and about 400-500 types. These microorganisms play a vital role in our overall health. The good bacteria inhibits the harmful ones and establishes homeostasis within our oral. Oral hygiene is an important factor to our health that we should be aware and work to maintain.
Eternal Bentonite Organic Toothpaste contains active ingredients: Bentonite clay, coconut oil and sodium bicarbonate that made out toothpaste unique.
- Bentonite clay belongs to the therapeutic smectite series; it is a type of clay that swells in water. one of the clays in this series is called montmorillonite, a type of clay named after the montmorillon region in France. Montmorillonite clay is extremely fine-grained and thin layered and contains a large surface area. For maximum effect, therapeutic clay should be virgin and untreated.It has the ability to alleviate toothaches, soothe infected gums and reduce inflammation. It removes toxins, whiten teeth and raise pH in mouth to prevent bacteria growth.
- Virgin coconut oil is produced from freshly harvested coconut. It contains caprylic acid, capric acid and lauric acid, all good compounds that are beneficial to our health. It has immense healing and nourishing capacities and also with its health promoting factors. It has high antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, therefore it is effective in overcomes bad breath, gum diseases and ulcers.
- Sodium Bicarbonateis a salt that breaks down to form sodium and bicarbonate in water. This breakdown makes a solution alkaline, meaning it is able to neutralize acid. Therefore it acts as a plaque-buster to remove plaque, whiten our teeth and overcomes tooth decay.
Eternal Bentonite Organic Toothpaste does not contain
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Paraben and
- Any artificial flavouring agent.
What Is Wrong With Regular Toothpaste?
If you read the tube or box of your regular toothpaste, you will notice a warning stating that if you swallow the toothpaste, you should call poison control. The reason being is, regular toothpaste contains several potentially dangerous chemicals, one of these is called fluoride. Although fluoride has been shown to potentially achieve results in re-strengthening enamel, it is also a toxic substance linked to many health problems. Excessive ingestion of fluoride during the early childhood years can damage the tooth-forming cells, leading to a defect in the enamel known as dental fluorosis. (Ref: Fluoride Action Network)
In the 1990s, a British scientist, Jennifer Luke, discovered that fluoride accumulates to strikingly high levels in the pineal gland. (Luke 2001). The pineal gland is located between the two hemispheres of the brain and is responsible for the synthesis and secretion of the hormone melatonin. Melatonin maintains the body's circadian rhythm (sleep-wake cycle), regulates the onset of puberty in females, and helps protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals.
While it is not yet known if fluoride accumulation affects pineal gland function, preliminary animal experiments found that fluoride reduced melatonin levels and shortened the time to puberty. (Luke, 1997). Based on this and other evidence, the National Research Council has stated that "fluoride is likely to cause decreased melatonin production and to have other effects on normal pineal function, which in turn could contribute to a variety of effects in humans" (NRC, 2006, p. 256).
Another reason is that regular toothpaste contains ingredients like SLS, polyethylene glycols, triclosan, strontium, benzene, and tin, which are all potentially harmful to human health. Regular toothpaste also contains high levels of glycerin. When there is high level of glycerin left on our teeth, it takes quite a long time before it wears off and our enamel can properly strengthen again. This leaves teeth susceptible to cavities.
Benefits of Bentonite Organic Toothpaste
- It acts as a plaque-buster to remove plaque.
- It has anti-bacterial properties.
- Whiten our teeth.
- Overcomes tooth decay, gum diseases, ulcers and bad breath.
- Bentonite Clay, Cocos nucifera oil (Virgin Coconut oil), Sodium Bicarbonate
Product Form : Available in 100g/tube